Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 47: Prayer from a Hungry Heart

“Kneel and pray, you are in a holy place, on holy ground.” Acts 7:33


My Beloved Father,

My heart longs for You, and I have begun to realize that your holy place is all around me, that holy ground is at my feet yearning for me to bend my knee in recognition and believe. To believe with clarity of vision that You are never even a breath away, unless with strength of my own, I hold you at arm’s length.

I am hungry for your ways, to believe You for all that is amazing and good and pure, to recognize the wonder of your works, and to acknowledge the daily presence of holy ground. To know without a question of a doubt that my past has no bearing on my future, except in the beautiful ways that you will weave the dark threads of my fears and failures, against the dawning brightness of your forgiveness and favor.

I Need You…Lord all these years and I need your presence more today than yesterday, more than ever before; I NEED YOU. You are my mirror, causing me to understand who I am designed to be. You are the revelatory love that I long to live out day by day before my children, my husband, the world.

Fill my heart afresh, Abba, fill it to overflowing, each day new, again, and again. Make me my Inerrant Designer, the woman you have called me to be.

Your Beloved


“So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures, fill my life again.”

Hillsong United



"Earth is crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries."

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

1 comment:

  1. I just cried my way through this. I hate today. Every year, I hate today. But, I am thankful for the last 5 minutes. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete