Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 45: Boldly, Believingly

“Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.” James 1:6

As I approached my time of devotion this evening, before the cover of my Bible was folded back, or a scripture was read, I was drawn to my knees. As I tucked myself small, like a child before my Father, the requests began to pour from my heart.

I found myself praying for a beautiful young teen in my church that has been struck by a debilitating illness, leaving her wheel chair bound, daily suffering, and in need of a bone marrow treatment that requires her weakened lungs to be healthy. I prayed for her mother, who has already seen the pain of losing a child.

I prayed for my daughter, her tiny body large with her son, due date only days away.

I prayed for a family I have never met, who has walked the path of raising a special needs child, and almost lost her just before the Holidays.

I prayed for the safety of my son and my husband, each en route home, one via freeway, the other via airway.

The words flowed from my lips, and from my very soul, unexpected prayers, not written in a prayer journal, nor given much forethought. Prayers for healing; His glory revealed, His mercies made manifest.

There I sat, tucked on my knees as a child in the secure presence of my Father, heart bold with the knowledge of His favor, and I prayed, as if the very words were His, planted in my heart at the beckoning of His spirit.


“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16


My Father,

I humbly bow myself before You, grateful that you call me your beloved daughter. Fill my lips with the prayers of your heart, and my heart with the knowledge that as I tuck myself in close to You, I can trust with confidence that You not only hear, but that You care.

Your Trusting Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment