Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 46: Today

“Every good and perfect gift is from above…” James 1:17


Today
I saw the works of your hand in the clarity of a blue sky
The purity of white dusted mountain caps.
I heard your voice
On the lips of my daughter
As she pulled me close and whispered in my ear, “I love you.”
I felt the depth of your forgiveness in the warmth of her embrace.
Today
I saw the works of your hand in hillsides green with fresh life;
The promise of bare vines waiting for new birth.
I saw your face
In the smile of my daughter
As her eyes sparkled with the understanding that I love her
I felt the breadth of your provision in the dreams of her future.
Today
I saw the works of your hand in a face flush with hope
The expectancy of miracles made memories
I felt your heart
In the eyes of my daughter
As her joy glistened blue brimming with tears
I felt the height of my gratitude in the goodness of your ways.
Today


“Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalms 139:14


Father,

Your works are wonderful, and your ways more mysterious and generous than I can understand. I thank You for the hope of the future, and the promise that life will again come in the first green of the vine.

In You alone, Lord, is my hope. I trust afresh.

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment