Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 30: And Do Good

“Trust in the Lord and do good.” Psalm 37:3

Forty-eight hours of illness; body aches, headache, and a sinus infection followed by an upset stomach and then I awoke to a New Year. I drank a glass of orange juice to herald in the advent of another year I have been graciously given, and then continued on with the mental wrestling match I had been participating in prior to the onset of my fury of symptoms. Oh, the waste, and the general lack of gratitude that I have been letting rule my universe…and I am sorry. I am a stubborn one, and yet the Creator of all that is beautiful, and perfect, and worthy of praise, loves me, and still, I forget to trust Him. I am struggling with this common theme right now.

How simple it is for me to trust when all goes my way, but like a spoiled child, I do not want to trust when it is hard. And of course, I do not want to, for that very reason: because it is HARD!

His message to me is simple and straight forward:

Trust in Me, when all is beautiful, and do good.


But also:


Trust in Me, when someone has wronged you, and do good!
Trust in Me, when you have no idea what I have planned for you, and do good!
Trust in Me, when you are afraid of the future, and do good!


The trusting part can be so difficult, but to actually act in opposition to how I feel and do good? Impossible!

Except for Christ… How grateful I am that He is patient with me.


Merciful Father,

Forgive me for becoming entrenched in my own fear and stubbornness, so much so that I would not thank you for this new and amazing year, nor for all that You have done in my life over the past year. I am not worthy of your name, but ever so grateful for your grace and forgiveness. I start afresh with the sudden realization of every good and perfect gift You so continuously bestow on my life.

Your Grateful Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment