Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 26: Psalm Searching

“To the Lord I cry aloud…” Psalm 3:4


For more than 24 hours now I have felt discouraged and saddened.

“Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.” Psalm 4:1

A recent situation with a loved one has left me disappointed, and has rendered our communication difficult.

“Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.” Psalm 5:1

My first emotion was anger, and then it was hurt.

“Let all who take refuge in you be glad…” Psalm 5:11

My only choice has been to take my hurt and anger to God.

“The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer” Psalm 6:9

Again and again I have confessed my heart to God, baring my every emotion, my every thought before Him.

“You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted.” Psalm 10:17

I know that I must forgive by an act of choice, just as I am so graciously forgiven.

“Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path…” Psalm 27:11

Still, I struggle.

“Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin is covered.” Psalm 32:1

Author and theologian, C.S. Lewis noted, “We must lay before Him what is in us not what ought to be in us.” In truth and authenticity, I bare my heart before Him, trusting that He will align my way with His, and lead me on His perfect path.

“The Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.” Psalm 32:10

Lord,
Your hand is heavy upon me, and you know, I am simply not there yet. Not free, not trusting as I should hurt and wounded. I bring it all to You, all of my sadness, all of my anger, all of my expectations. Lead me on that straight path; help me to release it all to into your capable hands, and not to continue to feel anger upon anger, as I told You last night. I am yours, such as I am. Make me the woman You have called me to be.

I love You, and O, how I need You.

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment