Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 17: Sweet Satisfaction

“A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul…” Proverbs 13:19


This day has been good; sweet and satisfying.

I kneel to pray, and find my heart overwhelmed with a simple sense of peace. A feeling of contentment completely fills my soul, such that it spreads through me and appears in the form of a smile, lit across my lips.

As I pray, faith wells inside of me, and I know to the core, that I am praying the very desires of my Creator, and that every word that flows from my lips, comes from his heart.

Only He can long even more than I do for healing, and salvation, and blessing, and relationship to spring up inside of those who I love so very dearly, because He loves them more than I. His love is the very root, the foundation, and the genesis of all that I hope for.

And so I pray, daily, continuously, with each breath, with tears, and with gratitude, and as I pray, I realize that I, this one small fallible woman, can absolutely make a difference, and so I pray even more.

Not just for those I love, but for myself, that He will change me, and make me a woman from whom his love pours, overflowing with abundance, and as I finish I find myself beaming, and humming a little tune.

And then I hear the words of this "melodious sonnet," and so I sing:


Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
.


Let your desire be accomplished in me, everyday Lord. Your ways are sweet to my soul.


My Father, My Loving Father,

Everyday, I get to choose “How” I will live. Teach me to always choose your desires, and let them be accomplished daily in me. Your ways are sweet and satisfying, refreshing to my soul. You are truly my Fountain, overflowing with blessing. Come, Lord, and “tune my heart to sing Thy grace.”

Your Delighted Beloved



Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing by Robert Robinson circa 1757

No comments:

Post a Comment