Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 59: His Perfect Day

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD…” Jeremiah 29:11

The day is done, and done beautifully. A gown fitting for my daughter, the beautiful bride-to-be, lunch out at a favorite restaurant and special time spent with my husband, and then an evening of homework. I climb into bed next to my husband, and as the content rumbles of his snoring fill the room, I know that I should be at peace as well, but instead I feel a rush of tension, an all too familiar anxiety. My mind begins to race through the checklist of what I did not accomplish today, this week, this month, and every thought of all that has been so beautifully complete slips from my mind, and I begin to realize that I am bound up by my expectations.

Days planned have turned into plans changed.

Goals set have become so many scattered scraps of paper littering my desk.

And my mind runs to the words of a friend, “Everyday, there is a plan, that is God’s perfect will for us.”

My plans are exhaled out clearing my mind, my heart, my minutes for the fresh new breath that is all that He has for me. Only as I release and trust do I see that right here in these messy-desk moments of my life is He answering my prayers.

I feel my shoulders drop, and I breathe in the goodness of His perfect day.


Lord,

I cannot see the end of your ways. I have no idea where my life is going, but I am here today my expectations in You alone, to live this day, my heart and my mind yielded to You in obedience to your perfect plan.

With joyful expectance,

Your Beloved


“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.”

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment