Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 58: A Prayer for My Daughter as She Spreads Her Wings

“How great is the love that the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God!

And that is what we are!” 1 John 3:1


O My Abba Father,

How grateful I am that I can come to You, my loving Father, like a little child, laying each and every concern that I have before you, knowing without question that You love me so dearly as the very best father loves his daughter.

Father, I thank you for my daughter, and the beautiful woman that she has become, I pray that You will continue making her the woman that you have called her to be. Like her father, she is hardworking, passionate and perseverant, a faithful friend, courageous to pursue excellence in that which she was designed to do. I pray that as she spreads her wings, still you will guide her paths. I ask that as she begins her new life far from me, that you will surround her with your presence, in the people she meets, in the situations she encounters, and in ways both simple and amazing, and I pray her heart will be opened to see your goodness.

Lavish your love upon her Lord, and draw her close, heal the wounds of her very soul, even as she seeks to be one that brings loving-kindness and healing to others. Bless the work of her hands Father, and let her find favor in the sight of those that employ her. Though she may be miles distant, let her always stand confident in the love of her family. When she is lonely bring her comfort, when she questions Father, soothe her concerns. Use me to bless her from afar, and even more, I ask that you, Lord, will be her very present help in times of need.

I entrust her into your faithful arms, knowing that though my love for her may come from the depths of my heart, yours goes so much deeper still. She is yours.

Trusting,

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment