Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 54: A Weary Woman's Simple Prayer

“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray.” (James 5:13)

Father,

My body is weary with illness and I am unable to accomplish any of the things that I have planned for the day, and I must trust that even in this, your plans are being accomplished. I know that even as I lay down to rest, You are with me, and my weakness has not escaped your attention. Your goodness surrounds me in the hands of my loved ones who feed me, care for me, and comfort me with their presence. I am truly blessed. My mind has been running through the checklist of all I feel I should be accomplishing, and I know my only peace, my only rest is to lay each of these things in your faithful hands, and so I do my Lord, each and every detail, every concern great and small. With the whole of my needs resting securely in your hands, I ask You to give me rest, and renew my strength.

I am yours, all my moments and hours, in strength and in weakness, simply yours.

Your Beloved


"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I too, pray for Stacey. Give her a renewed strength and help her to begin to feel strong and whole. Take the virus out of her body and help the fluids to flow to the organs that need quenching. Give her water. Give her wonderful water to hydrate her. Thank you for the people who are taking care of her--bless them. And bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete